As New Zealand’s national opera company, we are working to re-imagine opera and transform the world of our audience through an experience of the art form that connects, engages and empowers reflection on our human condition. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Technical & Production Coordinator to be part of the team on a part time basis (24 hours per week).
The Technical & Production Coordinator is responsible for managing NZ Opera’s facility in Parnell (the Opera Centre) and supporting the Technical & Production Manager in the safe, cost efficient and timely delivery of technical and production aspects of productions and events. The role includes, but is not limited to, drafting contracts, induction paperwork for contractors, arranging quotes from suppliers, inwards and outwards hire of productions, and health and safety administration.
We are looking for a person with the following experience and attributes:
- Administrative experience
- At least one year’s experience in a production environment
- A good working knowledge of opera and/or the performing arts in New Zealand, with a sound understanding of health & safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be well organised, flexible and able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A team player
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings.
To request a full job description email email@example.com
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will only be considered from people with the right to work in NZ.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 16 August 2020.