Te Papa is looking for a Technical Operator – Functions and Events to join our truly iconic New Zealand institution. Te Papa’s mission is to understand the past, enrich the present, and meet the challenges of the future. Te Papa is more than just the national museum that houses New Zealand’s treasures. It is a meeting place, a place for lifelong learning, and a place that inspires a sense of wonder and connection.
The Technical Operator – Functions and Events will be in the Technology team and report to the Manager Audio-Visual Services. This team delivers high quality technology services to support functions and events at Te Papa. This includes the set up and technical operation of presentation equipment including audio systems; video and projection systems; theatrical lighting; and conference equipment for corporate functions and public events held in Te Papa venues.
The Technical Operator – Functions and Events is expected to have experience in customer focused delivery of technical services in the event industry. We are seeking a candidate with:-
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the AV events industry.
- Experience professionally managing client expectations for high profile corporate events, public events and other functions.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of audio-visual systems, sound systems, projection, related computer technology and other event presentation systems.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
- Available to be rostered for weekends, early mornings, evening duties and occasional public holidays.
Applications close on 17th Feb 2021
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including, as a minimum, criminal history and reference checking.