Technical Operations Coordinator
Tauranga is New Zealand’s fastest growing and fifth largest city. Managing this growth makes for a challenging and dynamic work environment. Tauranga City Council is focused on the City’s future and responding to the changing needs of the community. We want to work with our community to successfully plan for and understand their needs and expectations.
Baycourt Community & Arts Centre pursues and delivers a diverse programme of events for the Tauranga community to enable people to come together to enjoy arts and culture. Located in the heart of Tauranga, Baycourt Community and Arts Centre is Tauranga’s premier performing arts facility, and is used extensively by local, regional, national and international performances and exhibitions.
We are looking for an exceptional Technical Operations Coordinator to join our Baycourt team! Reporting to the Technical Manager, this position is an important role in the business, responsible for delivering a safe, efficient and effective service to clients of the Baycourt Community & Arts Centre by researching, planning, coordinating and training technical staff to achieve this goal. This role is also responsible for providing a top level of customer service and maintaining a professional attitude at all times, which enhances relationships with the client and the community.
For this role, you will have;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in Audio / Video / Lighting / Stage mechanics
- Experience in assessing and managing risks in the Entertainment Industry
- Strong ability and confidence to coordinate tech staff / casuals or contractors
- Sound organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise tasks and initiatives from conception to completion
- Proven ability in delegating tasks successfully
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team structure
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Digitally savvy, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite
- Working at heights or electrical qualifications would be a bonus
At Tauranga City Council, we believe in supporting our talent and we offer a range of learning and development opportunities and flexible working conditions to help you achieve the most from your career.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real difference, then we would love to hear from you and have you join our team!
To read the position description, please click apply to be directed to our Careers Page.
Tauranga City Council is committed to the protection and wellbeing of children in the community. A key part of this role involves working with children so, as part of our assessment of candidates, we conduct Police Vetting prior to employment to ensure we continue to provide a safe environment. This requirement complies with the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014 and you can find out more about our safety process check here.
Applications close Monday, 15 April 2019.