ACLX is a fast-growing hire and event services company located in Hamilton, servicing Waikato and Bay of Plenty. We are passionate about our people and culture, and love working with our clients to realise their vision and create sustainable events. Our team strives to live our values every day (respect, honesty, transparency, creative and kindness), and we’re looking for a key cog in the wheel who can join the team and hit the ground running.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Delivery Expert will work primarily in the Lighting Department with some time working across all aspects of technical delivery. You will deliver consistent and high quality service. You will have excellent communication and time management skills, be calm under pressure, and utilise your experience in the industry to problem solve.
- Deliver quality Lighting and AV service to ACLX’s clients
- Create lighting and event designs
- Lead large scale events
- Help coordinate workshop operations
- Communicate with venues and venue management
- Lead on ACLX jobs
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Working with Technical Solutions Experts
- Working with ACLX team members
- ACLX’s clients
Skills, experience, and personal characteristics.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with lighting in the event & entertainment industry
- Full NZ Driver Licence
- EWP unit standards
- Working at Heights unit standards
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience using Lighting control and CAD software, specifically WYSIWYG and the GrandMA Ecosystem.
- Proven lighting design experience
- Strong general computer skills including Powerpoint, Qlab and other relevant presentation delivery software
- Familiarity with Rental Management Software
- Knowledge of event management and production services
What we expect from you:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solver
- A passion for the events industry
- Proactively be able to self manage
What we want from you:
- To deliver the best possible service to our customers while upholding and living by our key values
Live into our Core Values
- Respect: We respect people’s opinions, ideas and property
- Honesty: We own it, we are truthful
- Transparency: We communicate directly and clearly with people
- Creative: We are problem solvers and innovators
- Kindness: We care, we look after our people.
This is a full time role, with variable hours dependent on events. To find more about the role, please contact email@example.com or if this sounds like you, apply now on seek.co.nz! Closing date is 4th December.