Position Title: Senior Theatre Technician
Reports To: Technical Manager
The Senior Theatre Technician has a key role within a small and agile team; responsible for the smooth running of the technical and equipment needs of the Theatre complex, external events (conferences, festivals, performances, events with large distributed systems) and equipment hire operations. Under the leadership of the Technical Manager, the Senior Theatre Technician must be available to work with the unpredictable hours of the events sector which will include periodic peak times with longer hours. With an ability to remain calm and work through solutions to problems, the Senior Theatre Technician must have excellent customer service skills and will round out the team with specialised skills in sound and AV.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- An advanced understanding of theatrical systems and protocols within a contemporary, Health and Safety compliant environment.
- Has been responsible for core function eg: sound, lighting, AV for significant, complex events. Sound and AV experience highly desired.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills in a theatrical or event context.
- Administration skills to accurately and appropriately manage multiple events using the systems provided (e.g. Current RMS, Dropbox, shared email folders).
- Customer service skills to plan, engage stakeholders and deliver various events to a high standard.
- Provide training and mentoring to volunteers, trainees, and casual staff as required.
The successful candidate may also demonstrate the following:
- Driver’s licence – preferably class 2
- Ability to safely move and lift some heavy objects.
- Qualifications and experience in working at heights and elevated work platforms (EWP)
- Experience in providing routine care and asset management processes to ensure that all equipment is maintained and functioning or identified otherwise.
Send cover letter and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 December 2020 or call Karyn Delves, General Manager of ASB Theatre Marlborough / Marlborough Light & Sound on 027 353 9698 to discuss.