ABOUT THE PRODUCTION CO
WHO WE ARE: The Production Co is an event production company that has been delivering fine corporate, musical and cultural events since 1994. We pride ourselves on developing successful relationships with our clients and strive to exceed expectations for every event.
WHAT WE DO: We partner with our clients to deliver outstanding events.
WHY WE DO IT: We know these events are important to our clients and they rely on us to make sure they look good and run smoothly.
The Operations Manager is a full-time position working closely with the General Manager and Account Managers. There are three key areas of responsibility for this role: warehouse management including equipment and staff, job crewing and scheduling, and logistics management.
Hours: 45 Hours per week. Some evening and weekend work is required. Overtime is managed within the company’s Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) policy.
Contract: Permanent position with a 3 month trial period
Reporting to: General Manager
Start Date: ASAP
• Maintain the inventory of technical and production assets including servicing, test tagging etc.
• Manage allocation of technical and production assets for jobs using rental software
• Oversee the preparation of equipment for all jobs
• Manage orders for sub-hired equipment
• Manage Dry Hire enquiries including quoting
• Ensure policies & procedures relevant to the warehouse health & safety are adhered to
Job Crewing & Scheduling
• Manage roster of full time, casual and contracted crew
• Maintain weekly schedule detailing job timings and crewing
• Schedule vehicles and drivers as required for delivery of jobs
• Manage maintenance of vehicles including both trucks and cars
• A minimum of three years’ experience in Technical or Production Management in the Event space.
• Ability to think clearly and work calmly under pressure.
• Experience being a motivator, a team player and a self-starter
• Proven track record of being organized and methodical
• NZ Residency
• Full Class 1 (manual) driver’s license a minimum
• Desire to uphold a high level of professional conduct and workplace safety
• Understanding of Log Book rules and TSL requirements as applies to truck driving
• Fork Hoist/ EWP Licenses
• Experience with stock management software
• At least an Intermediate level understanding of MS Office
• Class 2 or 4 Truck License
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
- A covering letter
- An up to date CV including details of two professional referees
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.