The journey we began in March of this year has now come to an end, and we would like to thank all those who volunteered their time and energy to make this possible. In addition to 101 scholarships awarded, this initiative included 12 two-day workshops over the course of 3 months throughout the country to support those undertaking to complete the Level 3 qualification. This would not have been possible without assessors and facilitators donating their time and knowledge, venues donating their spaces, and the goodwill of one extremely generous donor.
Here are a few quick numbers to illustrate the success of the workshops:
- 152 participants attended the workshops
- 70 of those participants were scholarship recipients
- 19 industry practitioners acted as workshop facilitators
- 12 venues generously donated space and support
The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with calls for additional workshops in the future:
- Being in a room with other like-minded people talking and learning about the things we are passionate about.
- I enjoyed the way the facilitators were able to draw information out of people in a very encouraging way. I learnt so much especially gaining an appreciation for other areas involved.
- Really enjoyed learning about H&S in a way that broke it down simply and made it easy to understand.
- Friendly and engaging tutors, all very helpful and passionate about assisting the attendees to the end goal.
- The facilitators are clearly very passionate about our industry which made the sessions fun and engaging.
- This workshop has given me the chance to expand my career in the event industry.
- I would like to show my personal appreciation to those facilitating the workshop, great people with the future of the industry at heart.
- Thank you can’t wait for the next course.
We fully appreciate that most of us are struggling through the effects of this pandemic and it is truly heartwarming to see how everyone has chipped in to donate time, venues, and knowledge despite the situation. Over the coming months, keep an eye on our social media for stories on the experiences of our scholarship recipients.