From 11:59pm Tuesday 7 September 2021, many businesses and locations will be required to take steps to ensure people can easily make a record when they visit. This includes:
- an entertainment venue — for example a cinema, stadium, theatre or casino
- an indoor event facility, such as a cinema, theatre, concert venue, or casino (see FAQ pack below – current as of 7th Sept 2021)
If you are the person in charge of a business, location, or event, you legally must make sure you have safe and secure systems and processes in place so that everyone working on or visiting your premises can scan in or provide their details in an electronic or paper-based manual process, no matter how long they are there for. This includes workers, contractors, customers, and volunteers.
When businesses and event organisers keep records of who was at their workplace or location, it makes contact tracing faster and more efficient. Good record keeping and fast contact tracing will help stop the spread of COVID-19, and protect our businesses, communities, and each other.
Below is an FAQ pack. Please note the information on Events on the final page of the FAQ pack. We will update this article with any changes as it comes to hand.
Resources for businesses and organisations
There are new resources, including posters, three new ‘record keeping box’ templates in different sizes, new record keeping slips, and a sticker for custom boxes. NZ COVID Tracer app posters are still available too.
You might find it useful to display these posters in visible places. Posters can be printed in any size, in black and white, or in colour. You just need to adjust your printer settings.
Record keeping links: slips, box sticker, and box templates
- Record keeping slips [PDF, 394 KB]
- Record keeping box sticker [PDF, 73 KB]
- Record keeping box template — small [PDF, 51 KB]
- Record keeping box template — medium [PDF, 187 KB]
- Record keeping box template — large [PDF, 165 KB]
NZ COVID Tracer app poster links
- Please scan in [PDF, 87 KB]
- Scan in to help us stay open [PDF, 153 KB]
- Scan QR codes and turn on Bluetooth tracing [PDF, 192 KB]
- Turn on Bluetooth tracing [PDF, 153 KB]
- Download NZ COVID Tracer app [PDF, 1.7 MB]
These are also available here.