Event Technician – Audio
Location: Hamilton City
Employment Type: Permanent
Applications Close: 26/09/2021
We are looking for a motivated, experienced audio technician to join our Technical Services team.
This is not a role for a novice or someone just starting out in their career – we need a knowledgeable individual with 5 years of relevant experience to contribute to the delivery of events and technology systems across all our venues.
At the heart of Hamilton’s events, H3 helps to shape a fun and thriving city with lots to do. H3 is the events arm of Hamilton City Council and manages a range of premium venues, including Seddon Park, Claudelands Events Centre, The Grandstand and FMG Stadium Waikato. From international sports and both indoor and outdoor concerts to trade shows, expos and lifestyle exhibitions – the high-performing H3 team secure it and manage it all!
Working within a small, tight-knit team with a great culture, the right candidate for this role brings:
- At least five years’ experience as an event/production technician or similar field, plus an ability to grasp new and developing technology
- Proven experience installing and operating digital audio systems in performance, corporate and sport event environments
- Proficiency in either lighting, audio, AV, rigging, IT-network technology or equipment maintenance
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well within a diverse team.
- A positive, solution and customer service focused approach
- Commitment to Health & Safety and the delivery of a safe and healthy work environment.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to support the city’s fast-growing events sector to the next level. We want to build on our growing reputation for hosting incredible events that Hamiltonians love, and that bring people from all over New Zealand to our city. This is your chance to be a part of a team that is committed to building a more vibrant, attractive and prosperous city.
H3 also offers a number of other benefits including:
- Free onsite staff parking at our H3 locations in central Hamilton
- It’s not all work and no play! We place a great emphasis on work/life balance
- A great environment with supportive and inclusive team culture
- We’re all about investigating new and better ways of doing things – we thrive on continuous improvement
- A high-performance framework – we’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself and focus on developing our staff
- A wide variety of discounted products and services are available to Council employees
The recruiting range for this position starts at $51K and can be negotiated for the right candidate. For a copy of the position description, please click HERE.
We are shortlisting and interviewing for this role as applications are received. If this role sounds like it’s for you, we would love to hear from you. Make it happen and apply online today!
All candidates will be notified of the outcome on their application via email. Short-listed candidates may be required to complete an interview process, reference checks, pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol assessments, credit check and a Ministry of Justice or Police vetting check.
We will only collect personal information from you, or any relevant agencies with your consent, in accordance with our obligations in the Privacy Act 2020, which are to only undertake pre-employment screening checks relevant to the specific duties and functions of the role being advertised. The types of checks we conduct will vary depending on the role. You can find more information by clicking here about our recruitment process including the specific checks we undertake for each role.
Hamilton City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note this role is being sourced directly and we are not accepting applications via external recruitment agencies. Due to border restrictions, only people who are already eligible to live and work in New Zealand should apply. Evidence will be required.