As New Zealand’s national opera company, we are working to re-imagine opera and transform the world of our audience through an experience of the art form that connects, engages and empowers reflection on our human condition. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Stage Manager to be part of the production team on one of our 2022 productions starting from 3rd February until 13th March 2022.
The Deputy Stage Manager’s main responsibility is to be part of the creation of, and to maintain, the prompt score with entrances and exits, cast blocking, technical cues, courtesy calls, timings, props movements etc and working alongside and supporting the Stage Manager during the production season.
We are looking for a person with the following experience and attributes:
- Proficiency in reading music that is adequate for the production requirements as Deputy Stage Manager.
- At least two years’ experience in a production environment.
- A good working knowledge of opera and/or the performing arts in New Zealand, with a sound understanding of health & safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be well organised, flexible and able to prioritise
- A team player
- Able to work for the entire production period stated above.
To request a full job description email email@example.com
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications from people with the right to work in NZ will be considered.
Applications close at 6.00 pm on 29 October 2021.