The Tertiary Education Commission is looking for participants from a range of background to join two key groups that will inform the shape of these WDCs.
These two groups are the Design Group and the Reference Group, and expressions of interest are now open to join these groups. As a Skills Active stakeholder we hope you will consider taking part.
What will these groups do, and who should join?
It’s important to note that these groups are looking at the overall design principles for all of the WDCs, rather than any one WDC.
Having said that, we think it’s hugely important for stakeholders from our industries to get involved. Only then can we ensure that cultural, creative, sport and recreation voices are heard, right from the beginning of the design process.
The Design Group will create initial design options and advice.
TEC is looking for people with:
- Service and organisation design expertise
- Knowledge of the vocational education sector
- Knowledge of qualification design, standard setting, and programme development
- Understanding of what is required to create a successful organisation
- Understanding of current and possible future labour market trends and their impact on skill requirements
- Experience in the collection and analysis of data from multiple sources to inform strategies and plans
- Experience in identifying opportunities and/or implementing the delivery of ‘shared services’ between organisations
- Ability to bring a Māori perspective.
The Reference Group will test and refine the Design Group’s initial products to ensure they are fit for purpose.TEC is looking for people able to provide a range of perspectives, in the context of the vocational education sector:
- Industry Training Organisations
- Pacific Peoples
- Other currently under-served learner groups.
What will be involved in taking part?
Each of these groups will meet separately, on a regular basis, over a period of months. You can find all the details, including meeting dates, actions and responsibilities, at the TEC website. Meeting locations are yet to be decided.
TEC is calling for expressions of interest until 24 February. Head over to their website if you wish to complete a form and submit your EOI.