Te Papa is looking for an Audio-Visual Operations Coordinator to join our truly iconic New Zealand institution. Te Papa's mission is to understand the past, enrich the present, and meet the challenges of the future. Te Papa is more than just the national museum that houses New Zealand's treasures. It is a meeting place, a place for lifelong learning, and a place that inspires a sense of wonder and connection.
This position is responsible for overseeing the delivery of the AV & IT technical services for events, ensuring the successful delivery and continual improvement of audio-visual service provision to our customers.
The Audio-Visual Operations Coordinator will work with the Senior AV Operations Coordinator, jointly representing the Technology Team, and report to the Manager Audio-Visual Event Services. The position is responsible for managing the coordination and delivery of AV & IT technical services for all events held across Te Papa Museum of NZ and Tākina Wellington Convention and Exhibition Centre. The position provides efficient crew rostering of AV Technicians – permanent & casual kaimahi and manages equipment and asset tracking. It creates, collates, distributes, and archives AV related documentation.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, who works well in a team environment, with experience in customer focused delivery of technical services within the events industry. We are seeking a candidate with:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the AV or events industry.
- Experience rostering kaimahi (both internal and external providers) to deliver AV technical services.
- Effective organising, logistical planning, implementation, and coordination of the provision of technical services to large scale and commercial events.
- Experience in co-ordinating the hiring of products and services from external hire companies.
- A customer centric approach and a passion for enhancing the customer experience.
- Proven ability to prioritise work in a complex environment and problem solve in high pressure situations.
- Knowledge of NZ health and safety legislation and its application within the events industry.
Applications close on 1 November 2023
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking, as a minimum.
Applications close on the 1st Nov 2023