We are looking for more Casual Technicians to come and join our dynamic and growing team at Bay Audio Visual. This is an opportunity to work in a number of different areas of the live production world.
What you’ll do:
- Be on call to come and jump in to get events across the line, from assisting with packing in/out, operating shows, collecting/delivering equipment to helping maintain our site and equipment. Every day is a little bit different here.
- Have chances to work across all the different disciplines of AV – sound, lighting, video, rigging etc
- The chance to be out and about in the beautiful Bay of Plenty
- A friendly, supportive work environment
- Opportunities for training and development
Skills needed to thrive:
- A 'can do' attitude (and not take yourself too seriously)
- An enthusiasm for technology and a hunger to learn
- Not afraid of physical work
- Excellent people skills with a focus on delivering amazing customer service
- Self-motivation and an ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm, problem solve quickly and provide a voice of re-assurance during technical hiccups in events
- The ability to adapt to a changing schedule is key – work could occur during the day, in the evenings, on weekends or public holidays.
- A clean drivers licence is a must – having a Class 2 licence would be a huge benefit, as well as any other certification.
- We are a growing team with new opportunities presenting themselves every week.
- We offer numerous opportunities to grow your character, develop your skills and show off your creativity.
- We are unlike any other Production company, due to our nature as a CCO (council-controlled organisation) we find ourselves involved in a variety of event styles.
- BayVenues offers a number of benefits to its employees, from discounted Hot Pool and Gym access to subsidised food and drink at our cafes.
- We are intentional about work/life balance – we go hard to deliver excellent events but also make sure we are not endlessly burning the midnight oil.
Who We Are:
Bay Venues is a dynamic, inspiring organisation set within the stunning backdrop of the Bay of Plenty. We are the kaitiaki of 24 community facilities in Tauranga Moana and we are committed to creating the ultimate customer experience.
Bay Audio Visual designs technical solutions with state of the art equipment to enable the production of events primarily at Mercury Baypark Arena, and also in and around the Bay of Plenty region.
- Manaakitanga | Service.
- Whakawhanaungatanga | Relationships.
- Kaitiakitanga | Caring.
- He Toi Tangata | Excellence
Apply Today: https://bayvenuesjobs.co.nz/Vacancies/