Te Papa stands proud as an iconic national building housing the treasures of the nation and is a vibrant destination for both national and international visitors. We now also provide AV services to Tākina, Wellington's newest Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Our Venues team ‘Tākina Events' delivers the event operations, audio-visual, and hospitality across both Te Papa and Tākina, providing world class events in unique locations, and we are looking for professional and motivated people to join our whānau.
We are seeking casual Audio-visual Technicians to join our truly iconic Aotearoa New Zealand institution.
AV Technicians operate as part of the wider Technology team and report to the Manager Audio-Visual Event Services. The AV Event Services team delivers high quality technology services to support and deliver events held at Te Papa and Tākina. This includes the set up and technical operation of presentation equipment including audio systems, video and projection systems, theatrical lighting, and conference equipment for corporate and public events.
Casual AV Technicians will be rostered on an ‘as and when required' basis.
AV Technicians are expected to have experience in customer focussed delivery of technical services in the event industry. We are seeking a candidate with:-
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in the AV events industry.
- Experience professionally managing client expectations for high profile corporate, commercial, and public events.
- Knowledge and experience in aspects of audio-visual systems, sound systems, projection, related computer technology and other event presentation systems including delivery of hybrid (online) events.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
- Available to be rostered for weekends, early mornings, evening and public holidays.
Applications close on 8 October 2023.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.