Te Papa is looking for a Senior Audio-Visual Operations Coordinator to join our truly iconic New Zealand institution. Te Papa's mission is to understand the past, enrich the present, and meet the challenges of the future. Te Papa is more than just the national museum that houses New Zealand's treasures. It is a meeting place, a place for lifelong learning, and a place that inspires a sense of wonder and connection.
The Senior Audio-Visual Operations Coordinator will work within the AV Technology team and report to the Manager Audio-Visual Event Services. As a member of the Senior AV team this position is responsible for providing AV expertise, leadership, upskilling and mentorship to the AV Coordinators and AV technicians. The position is responsible for managing the delivery of all AV & IT Technical services for all events held at Te Papa Museum of NZ and Tākina Wellington Convention and Exhibition Centre, ensuring the efficient rostering of AV staff and overseeing equipment/asset tracking.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, who works well in a team environment, with experience in customer focused operational delivery of technical services within the events industry. We are seeking a candidate with: -
- Minimum 5 years' hands-on experience in the AV or events industry
- Minimum 2 years' experience administrating or managing AV technical services for large scale events
- Experience supporting, training, sharing knowledge or upskilling others
- A customer centric approach with a passion for enhancing customer experience.
- Proven organising, logistical planning, implementation, and coordination of service provision for mid-to-large scale events
- Proven experience rostering staff to deliver AV technical services
- Proven ability to prioritise work and problem solve in a high-pressure industry
- Experience in co-ordinating the hiring of services from external hire companies
- Excellent relationship management skills including the ability to communicate and negotiate with internal and external technology service providers
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and best practices
- Self-motivated, flexible, and independent
- Experience with project management lifecycles and methodologies
- A commercial focus and understanding of the financial impact of AV services on the business
Applications close on Sunday 6th August 2023
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking, as a minimum.
For additional information or to apply please Click Here