The Production Company
Event Management (Advertising, Arts & Media)
$85,000 – $95,000 per year
The Production Co.
From our humble beginnings in a double garage in Taranaki all those years ago, we’ve grown into a one-stop-shop for everything production.
We provide end-to-end solutions from design and planning, through to supply, installation and operation of sound, lighting, video, staging and dressing equipment.
At the Production Co, we take an innovative approach to your event, coming up with creative solutions at any scale.
We have a real love of events and at our core, believe in getting the best results for our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Operations manager to join our tight-knit and inclusive team.
The Operations Manager is a full-time position working closely with the General Manager and Account Managers. The key areas of responsibility for this role: warehouse management including equipment and staff, job crewing and scheduling, event management and logistics management.
Some evening and weekend work is required. Overtime is managed within the company’s Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) policy.
- Maintain the inventory of technical and production assets including servicing, test tagging etc.
- Manage allocation of technical and production assets for jobs using rental software
- Oversee the preparation of equipment for all jobs
- Manage orders for sub-hired equipment
- Manage Dry Hire enquiries including quoting
- Ensure policies & procedures relevant to the warehouse health & safety are adhered to
Job Crewing & Scheduling:
- Manage roster of full time, casual and contracted crew
- Maintain weekly schedule detailing job timings and crewing
- Schedule vehicles and drivers as required for delivery of jobs
- Manage maintenance of vehicles including both trucks and cars
- Overseeing every aspect of an event, from execution to post-event cleanup.
- Collaborating with security personnel to ensure their readiness in handling any potential event-related problems.
- Maintaining up-to-date event information by coordinating with other staff members.
- Efficiently managing multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring deadlines are met with precision.
- Effectively managing vendors and contractors, ensuring adherence to contractual obligations and deadlines.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Technical or Production Management in the Event space.
- Ability to think clearly and work calmly under pressure.
- Experience being a motivator, a team player and a self-starter
- NZ Residency
- Clean Full Driver's license
- Desire to uphold a high level of professional conduct and workplace safety
- Understanding of Log Book rules and TSL requirements as applies to truck driving
- Fork Hoist/ EWP Licenses
- Experience with stock management software
- At least an Intermediate level understanding of MS Office
- Class 2 or 4 Truck License
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Work with an inclusive, tight-knit team
- Opportunity to work all over New Zealand
- Variety is the spice of life! Manage the production and crews for concerts, festivals, events and more
Find out more:
If you are interested in this role, please hit the “Quick Apply” button or send in your cover letter and resume to Janet: email@example.com
Code of conduct: https://theproduction.co.nz/codeofconduct
Our values: https://theproduction.co.nz/our_values