Regent on Broadway is a local piece of history. Originally built in 1930, it remains the only large theatre in the greater Palmerston North area.
Seating 1393, this historic and iconic regal venue, boasts an exciting and varied array of events, from comedy shows to ballet - there is always something going on at Regent on Broadway - check them out! https://www.regent.co.nz/
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Theatre Technician will be one of two hands on technical team. You will contribute to the smooth running of technical operations and provide professional technical support, ensuring all events are presented to the highest possible standard.
Additionally, you assist with the maintenance of technical equipment, ensuring that it is compliant and is operated consistently at the height of professional standard, in accordance with the 'Guidelines for Safe Working Practices I the New Zealand Theatre and Entertainment Industry".
You will provide top notch service to all users and ensure all experiences with Regent on Broadway are nothing short of amazing.
An experienced industry professional will know that the nature of this business is often evenings and weekends, so we work on an 80-hour fortnight, the technical team will collaborate to construct a roster that works for everyone.
What we're after:
- Sound knowledge and operational understanding of rigging, lighting, sound, video, staging and production OR exposure in some of these areas and willingness to learn
- Awareness and understanding of relevant safety methods and standards within the industry
- Open and collaborative disposition
- Solution-based approach
- Full driver's license
What we're offering:
- Annual wage reviews
- Close knit team and 'Pitch in' team culture
- Annual Christmas/New Year close down
- Time in Lieu for hours worked in addition to contracted 80 hour fortnight
- Long Service Leave
- Overtime for hours worked between midnight and 7am
- Allowance for mobile phone
With a full upcoming calendar, we are actively reviewing applications as they are received - don't delay, apply now!
We are also advertising a Technical Manager role - https://www.pnpersonnel.co.nz/jobs/339
Only applicants with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered.
The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Charllotte Tatham on 06 280 2403.