37.5 hours per week
Applications before 17th January 2023
VenueTech seeks a friendly and capable production technician to join our team for 2023.
This is a diverse role that centres around Venue Technician duties in support of hirers of Whakatu Nelson’s Theatre Royal and Centre of Musical Arts. Includes involvement with regional festivals and stand-alone events.
Core duties encompass:
- Providing professional hands-on technical support utilising venue sound, lighting, av, and rigging systems.
- Custodian-type tasks, including providing hirers access, briefings and general production/venue support/supervision.
- Maintenance and upkeep of technical facilities and equipment.
- Pre-production administration to assist with broader planning.
Our ideal candidate understands all event technical disciplines and has previous experience in a similar role.
Ideal strengths that would complement our existing team include the following:
- Theatrical lighting systems
- Lighting operation for theatre and live music
- Operation of and rigging to counter-balance fly-towers
- Production/stage management workflows.
We work alongside various venue hirers and performance styles that encompass community productions and touring professionals.
Practical industry-centric hard skills are as crucial as a handle on best/safe practices, clear communication and leadership soft skills.
While we would love to attract someone with a foundation of industry experience, we acknowledge the skills shortage in our sector, so we are prepared to offer training for the right candidate.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
Starting rate between $24-28/hr (depending on the applicant’s skill/experience)
90-day trial period to assess our suitability to one another.
Work hours are irregular, scheduled to meet our client’s needs and include long days and shifts on weekends and evenings.
We are targeting a start date of 7th February 2023, but we can be flexible to accommodate the circumstances of the chosen candidate.
Submissions and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17th January 2023.
Keep up with VenueTech work opportunities here.