The ETNZ Annual General Meeting will be held at Conference this year on 29th June. Have you thought about anyone you’d like to nominate for ETNZ Life Membership or an Industry Achievement Award? The Application Process and Nomination Form can be found year-round on our Resources page, but here’s how it works:
The purpose of the Life Membership and Industry Achievement Awards is to recognise individuals and companies who have made significant contributions to the New Zealand entertainment industry.
Nominations will be assessed by the Executive and the awards will be announced at the Annual General Meeting. The award winner is presented with a certificate and has their names published on the website. The number of awards presented each year is at the discretion of the current Executive Committee.
Criteria for Life Membership
Life members are defined in our constitution as persons who have rendered outstanding service to Entertainment Technology New Zealand as an association.
A life member must be a financial member of ETNZ.
The nomination for this award should be based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Serving on the Executive Committee over three or more terms;
- Serving on sub-committees to advance the published ETNZ goals; for example:
- Health and Safety
- Training and Education
- Supporting and advancing the interests of ETNZ over an extended period of time.
Criteria for Industry Achievement Awards
The ETNZ Executive may from time to time select members of ETNZ, or persons of distinction, who have provided valuable and significant contribution to the NZ Entertainment Industry to receive an Industry Achievement Award.
Nominations for the Industry Achievement Award will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The person or organisation is, or has been, an outstanding leader in the field of entertainment technology;
- The person or organisation has developed a product or procedure that has become nationally or internationally recognised;
- The person or organisation has provided outstanding service to the Entertainment Industry (generally greater than fifteen years);
- The person or organisation has provided outstanding support in educating and training new industry technicians;
- The person is not a current sitting member of the executive committee.
Procedure for nomination
To nominate a person for Life Membership or the Industry Achievement Award, the nominator needs to be a financial member of ETNZ and is not able to nominate themselves.
The nomination must be on the official nomination form which asks for the following information:
- Why the nominee feels that the person should be given the award/life membership;
- Supporting information:
- Work history;
- Professional development and industry qualifications;
- Activities in the Entertainment Industry;
- Other professional activities;
- Membership and participation in other community and civic organisations;
- Any honours, publications, or speaking engagements that enhance their contribution the entertainment technology industry.
The decision process
Once the nomination is received it is checked for validity and the detail is fact-checked before the nomination is put to the vote of the Executive Committee. The nomination is decided upon a majority vote.